Tuesday, December 31, 2002

I Wrote This Just In Time

On the eve of this New Year’s beginning
I think about the times that have come and gone
This year still feels so new
But, tomorrow it will be over
Then I get to start all over
Now I don’t want to see it as new

These times make me sad
From resolutions to revolutions
My hopes are all I have
To see where I will be
What will this new time hold for me?

This time next year, where will I be?
Finding eves of New Year’s eves again and again
Hating every minute of this night’s countdown
Losing all those thousands of moments with a brief kiss
When that clock strikes and that silly ball drops
This will be the beginning of my end

It’s now new, and I will make it through
Leaving conformity and uniformity
I still will trust in what scares me
My only way to continue on and see
Maybe I will make this new year different for me

No comments: