Sunday, December 08, 2002

Exodus Comes Before Deuteronomy

How I’m feeling today
Isn’t always easy to convey
Mad at you, this situation, and the world
Most of all, mad at myself

I can’t recall the feeling of goodness
Because all I see is your hurtfulness
You lash out irrationally without any reasoning
It’s funny to hear the dissonance

You say something like, “Climb that hill”
You mean something else by your own will
I can’t fathom your mindset
Especially now when you’re being ridiculous

Tactless words that have no rule
You’d like us to think ourselves a fool
Needless remarks beyond any comparison
You damaged a friend with no remorse

I implore myself to you
Now I abhor anything you do
Maybe we could think back to a time when it was real
Unless your unmistakable expressions have been forgotten

I’ve written so much about this
Right or wrong, hit or miss
I do it to feel better about life
Not self-serving, like your own ambitions

No comments: