Sunday, December 22, 2002

On The 9th Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave To Me

"So, this is Christmas..." (John Lennon). I don't really know how to count the twelve days of Christmas, so like O.J. Simpson, I took a stab at it. Today has been a good day. I got to see some friends at church and some church family that I had not seen since August. I went shopping in Vero Beach and some of Melbourne with Nick Long, Bryan Fazio, and Thomas Pedecini (aka The Boys). These guys were some of my closest friends in high school and it was cool to sit down and chat, have a beer, and eat some food with them. We watched some football too, it was a good time at T.G.I. Fridays. I basically started Christmas shopping today. I still have a bunch of stuff to buy for friends and family and only a few days in which to get it in. I think I'm going to dip now. I'm talking to some friends on the phone and on AIM so, if you're still up JeffyJeffW is my screen name. Blow up my spot if your still up...

A part of, I Won't Be Home For Christmas by Blink 182

Outside the carolers start to sing
I can't describe the joy they bring
Cause joy is something they don't bring me

My girlfriend is by my side
From the roof are hanging ‘cicles of ice
Their whiny voices get irritating
It's Christmas time again

So I stand with a dead smile on my face
Wondering how much of my time they'll waste
Oh god I hate these Satan's helpers

And then I guess I must've snapped
Because I grabbed a baseball bat
And made them all run for shelter

It's Christmas time again
It's time to be nice to the people you can't stand all year
I'm growing tired of all this Christmas cheer
You people scare me
Please stay away from home
If you don't wanna get me down
Just leave the presents and let me be alone...

No comments: