Monday, December 23, 2002

Two Days Until Christmas

The anticipation is building. I start getting giddy when Christmas comes around. During this time of year, I get sentimental and childlike. Of course I act like a sixty year old man the rest of time and that is especially true today. I took my brother to work at 3:30 PM and got home after Christmas shopping for like four hours. It was 7:30 PM by the time I got home. The traffic was so bad and I could not get around fast enough. Plus, I was having to try to think about what the heck I was going to buy for everyone. I still should get a couple more things for everyone. Sometimes, we all get caught up in the glitz and glitter of the material-side of the season. As cliche' as it sounds, we need to remember the purpose of this season. Whether Jesus was really born in December or earlier, it doesn't matter. Whether we teach our children to believe in Santa Clause or not, it’s not even relevant. We have designed this time of year to remember why we live. Not because of our merit or worth, but because God set a better way, and sent his son Jesus Christ into the world so that we might have salvation. That's the hope we have and where the true joy in our hearts comes from. Be safe in all your journeys. As for me, I need to go put on a Santa cap and start wrapping some presents...

"All I want for Christmas is you"

No comments: