Wednesday, December 18, 2002

Can't Write Anything That I Haven't Said Already

I like to think things, such of this nature are rather important. Getting my mail, burning me CDs, burning my friends Christmas CDs, cleaning up my place before I leave for the holidays, these are all events of substance. Yet, compared to the activities on my itinerary today, they are nothing. I've got so much stuff to do and only a few hours in which to do them in. I'm taking off tomorrow and driving home for Christmas (Melbourne, FL). A few weeks home with the folks. This will be a test of faith for my Christendom. I guess it's not so bad. I just get treated like a twelve year old instead of a twenty two year old. No worries though. We shall endure... What's this "we" crap, I have to go, not you! I will endure! Anyway, I've got a full plate of activities to keep me busy today. So, I better shimmy on and get them done. I wanted to be up by 9:00 AM today, but that failed. I guess staying up until almost 5:00 AM watching Scooby Doo cartoons on DVD (A Nutcracker Scooby is really good) is not the best use of my time. But, oh well, I'll be old soon. For now, I'm going to listen to something on vinyl and probably watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas. See you later...

"When she said, 'Don’t waste your words, they're just lies,' I cried she was deaf. And she worked on my face until breaking my eyes, then said, 'What else you got left?' It was then that I got up to leave, but she said, 'Don't forget, everybody must give something back for something they get.'" Fourth Time Around, Bob Dylan

No comments: