Tuesday, October 29, 2002

Seeing Pictures Of You At His House

I’m at a loss of words today.
There’s nothing left for me to say.
Our saga continues on.
But without any reservations, I decide it’s done.
These feelings spawned with thoughts not so new.
It’s scary; they’ve been with me all along.
Knowing all of our history.
So many things have been said and done.
It makes me wonder how we lasted this long.
How I cried for it all…
When it seemed like a possibility that you could love.
Even though that’s all past, I never thought you two would last.
That guy was a jerk, even a total creep.
I guess he showed you more of what a friend could be.
Seeing pictures of you at his house.
Embodied all of what I never want to see in my future spouse.
I have the same photograph; the one you took of me.
Our arms crossed around the back.
Feeling the warmth of our gentle and innocent embrace.
It’s like you replaced him for me.
Cut me out and pasted him in.
With feelings aside, was there ever a reason for liking me?
You might be wondering why.
After all this, I’m willing to just throw it away.
You answered your own question.
When you took his hand and said,
“Have a good day.”

No comments: