Thursday, October 03, 2002

If It’s All The Same...

I owe you this:

I’ve written in these words so I feel better,
but that only makes me seem so much shallower.

I want you to know what’s on my mind and heart.
The truth to these afflicting feelings delivers me from what I know.

Indenting the paragraphs, I write on to find the path of freedom.

Expelling my own visions, I try to sort my resolutions.

Trying to hide the evidence of my crimes,
I become concerned for only myself much like the deceit of Oliver North.

A working progress is this state.
If it’s all the same, I’m sorry if I ever made you hate.

Our friendship is so important to me,
I’m sorry if I misconstrued its simplicity.

I watch TV until I’m tired of being awake.
These are old feelings that I just repeat.

This is so vague and concise,
I wonder if you’ll even hear the hurt behind my voice.

You’re so wonderful and so beautiful.

I know you don’t hear that enough.
I feel sorry if you call this a bluff.

I revolt against the things you find comfort,
but I’m still being that sluggish and self-centered.

Filling in the holes might take nights, days, or years.
But I’m willing to try it, despite all the tears.

My fear is on a wire, waiting to balance this new idea.
A place where we can be and not ignore it for another year.

Finishing these thoughts, I’m tired of looking at these dull pages.

I hate complacency and mediocrity, but that is all I know.
Its even fallen harvest to the depths of what we sow.

Why must it be like this?

This is what we proceed to find.
If it’s all the same, lets forgive and forget, I won’t mind.

I care and want the old days back,
but we’ve got to work through it and hope that it doesn’t lack.

I’ll do whatever you want.
I’ll say whatever you need.
We can continue on or just, let it be.

Here it is, I’m finally done.
I hope my words help us see as one.

Let’s quit playing games; let’s end the charades.
I’ll respect your wishes and run the opposite way.

If you want to keep not talking, that’s fine.
But, that kind of silence is haunting.

If you want to act like you never heard,
I’ll just keep walking by you and never say a word.

No comments: