Friday, October 11, 2002

2nd Caution Light

So, I posted this poem last month in a post. But, I felt like letting it be read again. You can make it say or mean whatever you want. The poem is simply about when friendships go sour:

2nd Caution Light

Amidst my cold and dreary heart, I find peace.
Never fearing the unknown anymore, I find stillness in my refuge.
I should keep all the things I’ve written you,
but alas, I let it sit in the trash.
How about the notes I wrote you?
Or am I asking too late because they’ve already been thrown away.
I guess I should try to make it work or even try more to talk.
Hopefully this will spark some enthusiasm in your heart.
Fridays are my favorite day of the week.
But, if I happen to run into you, it’s nearly close to being ruined.
I hate to say that.
I hate to feel this way.
In case you didn’t know, it’s you making my heart sway.
I need your friendship.
I need to know if you feel the same.
Otherwise, just tell me to forget your name.

No comments: