Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Badda Bing!

Tonight, I'm studying. My to do list is very long and filled with many-a-things to keep me busy. I'm going to attempt getting up at 6 AM tomorrow to study for my Theology 301 midterm. It should prove to be an excellent test of my knowledge on the subject. However, it's the details in studying particular doctrines that worries me. I have my Evangelism 201 midterm on Thursday, which would classify as my second hardest midterm. As well as registration stuff, presenting my verbatim (which I still need to type out) in Psychology 404 Clinical Psychology, and amongst my two witnessing reports. Today has been pretty good. Reflecting on the goodness or unexpected crappiness of a day can wear you out. So, I'm trying a new approach to living. Exciting, eh? How about, taking each day, a day at a time. Yeah, I know, it’s not really new, but how many of us can honestly say we practice this Biblical principle. And, unless something has gone exceptionally wrong, the day is good. Rather, even if life throws me a few complications, how does that make the day any less significant? I'm trying to remember that this is the day and it’s because the Lord has made it. I will rejoice and be glad in Him. Of course this is something I know. I mean, haven’t we all known it for the longest time? Funny, we learned the simplest, most explicit forms of sound theology as a child (through song even), yet it takes us until we're an adult to realize how true it is and how much we don't really demonstrate that teaching. For me, I will be working on it. I will also be viewing an episode of The Sopranos. I've been following the story for two years or so now. It is because my lack of cable and HBO that I have to rent the season on DVD. I believe that I'm up to episode 8. I can't wait to find out who gets to 'sleep wit da fishes' next. But for now, I must read and type. Kapeesh!

"My face is covered in a puddle of water and I can't get your foot off my head."

No comments: