Saturday, October 05, 2002

Posting Seems Forever

I think the greatest thing about having a blog is the simple pleasure of being able to put pretty much anything you want on the site. Of course, we here at To Whom It May Concern are responsible with this duty. I haven't written a lot in a while. I think this week shaped up to be ok. I'm looking forward to next week, but if that falls through (goes bad) we always have the weekend? I was supposed to go home this weekend. My parents are in the Florida Keys for two weeks, so my home in Melbourne would be very empty. This was exciting for me because I need to get away. Even though my roommate is in Jacksonville visiting his fiancĂ©, I still need to get out of Graceville. On Friday, after I said my goodbyes, I drove to Chipley to deposit some money in my checking account. Not checking my previous balance, I deposited two checks that came out to a sum total of fifty dollars. When I got the receipt with my new balance it informed me so disappointingly that I only had eighteen dollars. Now, I know that I'm not a mathematician in the vain of A Beautiful Mind and I got D's in the two math classes I took thus far in my college career, but come on... that's not right! Then I remembered that Bethany Dunlap and I had drove to Dothan on Wednesday and I forgot to deposit the checks then. I knew there was a reason why I so mad because I'd forgotten them. Just didn't remember about the one check I wrote, I guess. After the shock wore off, I realized that eighteen dollars wasn't enough money to drive home on. So, I rationalized the idea of just staying in Graceville. So, far it's been semi-good. Seeing something familiar isn't always bad, if you are looking at it from the right perspective. This Tuesday is my rescheduled trip to Pensacola to do my orientation for my clinical psychology class where I will be learning my chaplainry duties at the hospital there. Excited but anxious is I. I also have my midterm in The Psychology of Teaching and Learning on Friday, which should prove to be a challenge. The majority of the test will encompass writing educational objectives (neat-o, eh?). That's the easy part, but when you have to decide which domain it comes from: cognitive, affective, or psychomotor it gets a little tricky. Plus, you have to use this certain verb association to figure it out and make sure it has its four part components. Which I can't even name but one of them is a criterion. Next week I also have to teach a lesson on a few attributes of God to a youth group in which Toby Roheim is the youth pastor. Then the following week is my midterm in Theology 301. That is going to rock the socks off of everyone in the class. Maybe Dr. Rathel will have compassion for those whom he will have compassion (Theology 301) and not have compassion for those whom he doesn’t (hopefully Philosophy 301, hehe). It looks to be a very long study time for me. But as for now, I find something constructive to do (or just more entertaining)...

"If I told you this was killing me, would you stop?" The Juliana Theory

No comments: