Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Room For One More?

Did you ever find out the truth about yourself? You know, something that you would only hear if you were a fly on the wall. Now this information isn't something like you smell bad or don't have a good opinion on ice cream. No, it's much deeper. It's the stuff that you weren't meant to hear. Tonight, I wasn't eavesdropping or sneaking behind a corner while people discuss my life, I was sitting on my butt while someone told me some information. This information made me upset. Is it important to my life? Not really, because it's the past and I can't do anything about it now. Does it affect anything permanent? Hopefully not, because we should be able to forgive sins and forget them like Christ. Should I regret it? Probably not, how can I undo my own disasters? So, what can I do? Change, it’s as simple as that. So, why does it still bother me? As of yet, I haven't figured this one out. I can only hope that people, who have problems with me, will come to me and tell me. Of course, I am a hypocrite here because I don't do this all the time. But, along with that change thing, I am trying to keep this in the back of my mind. "Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 'In your anger do not sin': Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry and do not give the devil a foothold." (Ephesians 4:25-27) I'm understanding these verses more and more. Just because you've got a problem with someone, doesn't mean it's fine when you have forgiven him or her. I think that you should do your darnest to get your relationship back to its a float state. Do what you can to restore it. Otherwise, you are still harboring unrighteous intentions. Trying to escape your past is one of the most challenging things one can overcome. At least God is faithful to forgive us our sins. I don't mean to boast or anything of the like. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired. Until we sing together again...

"And sooner or later this code, it's gonna break. So our words will be heard again, but all I want are vows of silence now. This turpentine chaser's got kick and the rag that its soaked in is rich. But the fumes aide the pace of my cleaning and as soon as I'm done I am gone." Dashboard Confessional, Turpentine Chaser, from The Swiss Army Romance

No comments: