Thursday, October 31, 2002

Happy Halloween, Uh... I mean, Reformation Day

Yay for pagan holidays. At least the candy is cheap. Yay for Reformation Day. If Martin Luther hadn't nailed the 95 theses to that church in Germany, we'd all be Catholic. Here some thoughts on me and my life:

Postponed Feelings

The sound of loneliness is a gloomy and haunting interruption. My rest was awoken by the clattering of images that were filed miscellaneous. I scale my hands along a pale and empty wall. Only to find that the object of my desire had been torn down. Engravings are all I have left. The noise of silence is becoming louder than any self-reliance that I know. I’m only letting the darkness in by trying to keep the light out. I await a lost friend’s knock at my door. Those footsteps keep getting dimmer and dimmer. Enclosing my head, I’ve gone to bed. Won’t something awaken my frozen thoughts? Oh God, change my heart…

No comments: