Sunday, October 27, 2002

At The Show

Tired of blogging? I'm not. I know the site doesn't get a new post daily and I'm sorry for that. So here I am with your weekend update. Well, there is still one more day left, but we'll just count it loss. I've been under the weather the past few days. My trip to Pensacola was good. I got a lesson in how to be a chaplain. In all honesty, it's kind of scary. We got a tour of the five-floor hospital and our duties for our weekend and the week. My weekend will be here in less than two weeks. I better start working on my adult lingo.

Friday was a lonesome night. Thinking about calling friends, thinking about finding new people to call friends.

Tonight (Saturday) Mike Sutton, Chaz, Scottie Granger, and I drove to Panama City to see a show. It was an enchanted evening. In the car, I was complaining about how loud Mike was being (due to my illness). After reasoning my statement and seeing the expression on Mike's face, I realized that I was going to be hurting the whole night because we were going to a hardcore show. So, let's see. The show... Uno (that means one) Word--Amazing! The first band that played was Burns Out Bright and they were from South Carolina (where Stretch is from). Musically they were good, but I didn't care for the guy's singing. A lot of emo sounds meets metal breakdowns. Up next was Evergreen Terrace. This was my first time seeing the boys from Jacksonville, Florida. I didn't recognize them at first and even commented to Mike, "this can't be them" because the singer was a white guy, but dressed, walked, and talked like a black dude. It was really funny. They played stuff off of their record, Losing All Hope Is Freedom. I knew a few songs. They played some material off their new album Burned Alive By Time which comes out on Eulogy Records (a FL label I might add). It was some awesome dancin', singin', and just dandy music in general. Then, this next band got added to all of Stretch's shows recently. Miami's own Glasseater. I was excited to hear them live because they've played my hometown, Melbourne before. I knew one of their songs, 7 Years Bad Luck. They were ok. The singer said the 'F' word, every other word, which wore out it's welcome long before. They were punk and hardcore, not the best, but they played alright. Now it was time for Stretch Arm Strong . I've been a fan for a little while, not very long. I have burnt copies of their two Solid State releases because I didn't care for them at first. Oh, am I a fan now, yes! They kind of did this introduction thing, like a sports team. "And now the starting line-up for Stretch Arm Strong..." It was very humorous. I was about two rows of people from the stage, just anticipating my chance to sing into the mic. It never came because there was feedback from the right amp and the singer wouldn't come over to my side that much. They played a good mix of songs from, Rituals Of Life and A Revolution Transmission. The key song mid-way through the set was For The Record which "got the party started". It was crazy from there on out. There was a circle pit going on every song. Especially when the band would play a new song and the singer would say, "You don't know this, so dance and have fun" which happened on two or three different occasions. For the most part, it was great musical quality besides technical problems with the lead microphone and the background vocals. They were so tight tonight, which made it all the more enjoyable. Eight bucks, four bands, three good ones, three hours of music, and one long ride back to Graceville made it a memorable evening.

I still feel like poo, even though my throat isn't so sore (I wrote that and now it is). It hurts when I sneeze, all the way down to my arms. I think going to the HxC show made me feel better. It's a new remedy that my granny never thought of. I'll try it with my kids, but my luck, they'll wanna boogie to some Bee Gees. That's it for now, love and circle pits...

xxx

"...I work in telemarketing because I'm used to rejection..."

No comments: