Tuesday, September 16, 2003

What To Write About?

Lately, my life has felt rather mundane. I seem to going nowhere on a daily basis. I have rethought my goals and dreams one thousand times or more. I felt like staying put was the right thing to do and very few things prove it wrong. Not enough instances that I get a message saying "Get the heck out of dodge!" However, when the option of returning home comes up, ample jobs do not come into play. My life is at a standstill. It seems like everything I thought I was supposed to do is going to be put on halt. I inquire to God hourly about work, yet I seem to be missing what his will is. The more I try to figure anything out, the more confused I get. Surely, I'm not the first adult, freshly graduated from college to go through this. But it certainly feels like I am. I can't find a book on the subject. Maybe I should write one? The Bible gives me comfort as I read it, but everyday I usually forget what I previously read. I can’t fathom that God would have me be a bum, mooch, and panhandler for the next few months. This is the most I've had to rely on God for everything. Yet, maybe before, while I was in school, I just didn't have to worry about it. It wasn’t the faithful letting-God-take-control thing. More like, I'm-ignorant-and-don't-care attitude. My life sees less activity than the Graceville Zoo. And I feel about as worthless as a man can. As smug as this could possibly be interpreted, I know God will take care of me. How? I don’t know. But, maybe my panhandling gig will work out. If you're on welfare your whole life, do you get social security when you're 65?

"He's a real nowhere man. Sitting in his nowhere land. Making all his nowhere plans for nobody. Doesn't have a point of view. Knows not where he's going to. Isn't he a bit like you and me? Nowhere man, please listen. You don't know what you're missing. Nowhere man, the world is at your command." The Beatles, Nowhere Man, from the album, Rubber Soul.

No comments: