Monday, September 22, 2003

Heterosexuals Have Rights Too

Here in Graceville, the rain has not stop coming for hours. It has pretty much been raining all day. As I listened to the storm beg for land to flood, I began to think about rain itself. It obviously comes from God and replenishes the earth's water intake, but how does it benefit me personally? I think I understood today what it can do for you. I used to get annoyed when I would have to go out and get wet. Now, I don't know, it could be fun. I love being in my apartment when it rains because it makes it a whole lot cooler. I just don't like to get wet is all. I know a lot of people agree with me. But there are some people who enjoy walking in the rain and are thrilled to get the opportunity. I used to think that was crazy, but I can now understand why those people like it; it is quite comforting. I'm learning and trying, really! Today, I chose to walk barefoot to check my mail during the rainstorm. Of course, I brought an umbrella because I'm still learning but I did enjoy the wetness. It brought a nice feeling over me. I don't know if I'll ever go without my umbrella, but I can appreciate the sentiment of walking in the rain. Go try it if it's raining where you live. You can always practice in the shower first.

"It's been a long time since I felt the rain upon my head." Further Seems Forever

No comments: