Friday, September 12, 2003

Infamous

Using words to describe
Things I’ve never felt before
Inspired to make mistakes
Grave things I cannot take
With me to live without
Myself in spite of me
All my regrets to carry out
I live on my own
Married to anyone who will have me
But never thinking
About turning off this feeling
Flawed with continuous infidelity
Pledging more to others
Than to an allegiance with
People turning against me
Leaving my pride and pity
By a door that won’t
Shutout those that don't
Think about me anymore
Glad to be beyond those walls
Missing all their dreams
Endowed with many more memories
That I cannot speak about
Keeping to this side of town
That leads your kind on
Drive by shootings everyday
Victimizing the relationship we sought
Purging all the pain I’ve got
Into one mixed up taste
So, I’ll drink from that unholy bottle
And leave nothing for waste

No comments: