Friday, September 19, 2003

This Is The Only Thing You're Gonna Get For A While

Amidst preparation for my trip this weekend, I wanted to write something for everyone to ponder upon while I'm gone. I will be accompanying Jessica and Rich to the metropolis of Starke, FL for a friend's wedding. We get to see the not-so-forgotten Cheryl Miller also (her sister is getting married to great guy named Jeremy). It should be a lot of fun and of course, I'm just happy to get the heck out of dodge! Chase is sleeping at my house so the bad guys won't come and steal my stuff [again]. Okay, so I have nothing provocative to write. However, I came across these first 13 lines from a T.S. Eliot poem entitled, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock and I think they're beautiful. I want to see a lot of comments (even if you hate it). Have a good weekend kids.

Let us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherized upon a table;
Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets,
The muttering retreats
Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels
And sawdust restaurants with oyster-shells:
Streets that follow like a tedious argument
Of insidious intent
To lead you to an overwhelming question....
Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?'
Let us go and make our visit.

No comments: