Saturday, February 22, 2003

This Time Last Year

Technically, this post was supposed to happen last night, but due to the hatred my computer has for me, it was postponed until this evening. This time last year, I had some different feelings than I do today. Isn't the craziness of life surreal at times? In seventy-something days, I will be graduating from college. It's all starting to come together. Tonight, I did something that I haven't done in a long time. It was probably a Friday night much like this, ten years ago or so the last time I did this. I went to a place called The Playground. But, that's not the significant piece of information. There, I went and did it—yes, I went roller-skating. Don't blame me I was forced into it. Tonight, Scott, Richard, Amber Marie, Wes, Kristen, Lindsey, Tyler, Jenna, and myself went there to seek out some adventure and excitement. Kristen lent me her skates, so I didn't have to pay for em’. We know a nice guy named Ashley Miller who works there and he hooked us up with some discounts on skates, laser tag, and free tokens. All in all it was fun. I had to prove to myself that I could still rock and roll it out there on the rink. And while I only fell once, my pride was restored once more in my abilities. Trust me, I used to be so good at skating. I did it all the time and tonight I was rusty, but it went well. Afterwards, we went to Krispy Kreme, had some doughnuts and sang loud songs. Fun and tiring all together, imagine that? As my closure for this post, I'm going to post an entry from my journal. This entry was from his time last year. It was what my heart was feeling at the time when I was reading and trying to apply the Word of God to my life. I got to get up early for a conference, take care, good night, and God bless:

February 21, 2002 @ 1:29 A.M.

Matthew 7:7-12--Ask, Seek Knock...

It seems so simple, yet I totally set my own boundaries in my life. I don’t think about who I'm living for or what I'm going to school for. This disheartens me to no end. I try to do what's right and I don't I even have the right motivation in that. Most of the time, I have no motive at all. So, what shall I do or say? Ask, seek, and knock. It seems so simple, yet it feels like trigonometry. God help me to understand your sovereign grace and your atonement. Help me to understand all the things that cause my life stress and heartaches. Thank you for working your will in my life and waiting on me to make the right choice. I love you and praise you and give you the glory in that. Amen.

No comments: