Thursday, February 13, 2003

Anecdotal Aspirations

People have been asking me what I'm doing for Valentine's Day and I say, "Nothing out of the normal; wearing black like every other day of the week." Last night when I was in Wal-Mart, the alarm went off as I was walking out of the automated doors. I got kind of embarrassed, just because the entire store looked at me. Mind you, I had not stolen anything. Most of the time, the sales associate, mistakenly forgets to scan something to prevent that. That was exactly what happened to me. You know, that happens a lot and I'm thinking, maybe they should be teaching the sales associates how to do it a little better.

It's officially the day before the consecrated and righteous day of love and I'm reflecting on my life. It's kind of a short reflection, much like my temper has been today. I've been really sarcastic and cynical the past few hours. The stress of twenty-one hours and a bad encounter with a friend have ruined my smile today, but no worries, I will endure. I enjoyed a pleasant evening with a nice friend by the name of Melissa Mann. She'll be a mommy soon, so I would appreciate you guys remembering her and little Nathaniel Edward in your prayers.

Friday, my roommate will be driving to Jacksonville to see his finance' and that will be fun. I’m not going and that’s why it will be fun; because I’ll be completely and utterly alone. It's been a long time coming and I will enjoy some much needed rest, peace, and solace. Being alone is fun, especially on the one day a year you're not supposed to want to be alone. Which is really some idiotic principle or value we've been brainwashed into believing. As for my heart and I, we will throw caution into the wind and not make any definite plans. I'm just going to go with what I think is the best activity for the day. Last year, I was all alone, reading and studying for classes the next day. This year, the next day is a Saturday, so I will not be able to make that excuse. Hey, it's ok if I'm all alone eating a heart-shaped box of assorted chocolates. That's doesn't mean my life doesn't have meaning! Ok, kids, I'm losing consciousness. Take care...

"At times I'm timid like a mouse. But I think it's rad that she digs the Waffle House..."

No comments: