Friday, February 14, 2003

Alone With Others

Unaccompanied on Valentine’s Day
This appears to be the only way

While I live on my own
Independent of everyone; my life is a construction zone

I wait out and live through--milliseconds of days pass
So many more, I sigh, alas

How long do I have to wait?
Finding that I get to do nothing but perpetually hate

Forever evolving into a new creature
Striving to live daily and follow my teacher

Examples set and quickly forgotten; living fake
Day to day wandering through this endless pit of heartache

My wish for now on this too, lone star, is clear
To have a love that I can share with somebody here

Dual and equally given, these emotions grow new
Thoughts and feelings everyday, beautifully about you

Occupied with friends, while I myself, watch couples walk by
All alone on this scared night, I bow my head and start to cry

No comments: