Saturday, February 15, 2003

Hanging Out With Slippery Pete

Wasn't today beautiful? As I’m sitting here listening to some Frank Sinatra, I’m thinking today was a good day. It felt like a nice late spring/early summer afternoon. I had planned to get up early and work on some stuff for my computer class, but that went awry when I kept resetting my alarm. I eventually got up and moseyed over to the computer lab. I worked on what I could, but I didn't get finished and I still have some more junk to do for my class. My buddy, Sean Tanner was in there working on some stuff too, so after the lab closed we decided to go grab a bite to eat in Dothan. We visited our local dirt mall, Sadie's Flea Market. What a great place! I picked up a couple of comics for one dollar and they turned out both equaling about seven dollars in value together. Then, we headed over to the record table to see To Whom's... good friend, Slippery Pete. Now, this is not the guy's real name. He actually said his real name today, but for the life of me I cannot remember it. Anyway, he is a real interesting fellow who owns a lot of vinyl and talks a lot of crap. He didn't have much of what I was looking for today (no Reba McEntire, sheesh). But, it was a pleasure to talk to him as always. He only managed to offend me once today. Apparently, he misunderstood my question. I asked him if he knew a guy from Bonifay, Florida who ran a website that sold vinyl. Pete then proceeded to go into a frantic and abrasive ten-minute explanation of why he didn't deal or sell over the internet. Never the less, I figured he just didn't know the guy. Then we headed over to the Goodwill and I got an En Vogue single (on vinyl) which features a cover of the Beatle’s song, Yesterday and a copy of Christian History magazine which features an article on the medieval theologian, Thomas Aquinas. Then, Sean and I got some grub at the local IHOP. On the ride back, we reflected on the beauty of a day at the flea market and a tasty meal at your local IHOP. Life is good...

"We destroyed the government. We're destroying time. No more problems on the way. I'm through doctor. We don't need your kind. The other ones, ugly ones, stupid boys, wrong ones. I'm all alone, so are we all. We're all clones; all are one and one are all." Clones (We're All) by Alice Cooper, from the album, Flush The Fashion.

No comments: