Thursday, February 19, 2004

Tom Thompson and The ATF

Sitting in the computer lab this afternoon I opted to put the headphones on so's to keep the hair out of my face. There's no music playing or anything but still I wonder if perhaps I am typing louder. I never seem to know what's going on when these things are on my head. It's better this way than for soundbite explosions on random webpages where they don't belong. I'm just glad certain of those unsolicited emails don't announce their subject heading as I check my inbox.

Can you imagine that?

Sometimes I anticipate the moment later in the day when I will be able to sit down and blog. I liken my excitement to the way that a prisoner anticipates getting to go out into the hot sun of the prison yard. Yeah, it's funny the things I look forward to. As I sit here now my mind is going in a thousand different directions. Like last night I had a message from a guy said he was with the ATF. It scared me that's for sure. I didn't get a wink of sleep. Of course, I've never owned anything of any higher power than a pellet gun.

I had a cousin who accidentally shot himself in the toe with a bb gun. He almost lost his toe. I had this friend once in high school who was always so bug-eyed about the end of the world and the threat of invasion. He was always trying to sell me on buying a high powered rifle. I don't have anything against guns, weapons of mass destruction and whatnot but I just didn't want to endanger myself. I would be a danger to myself. One time he said, "What if someday an extremist group breaks into your house and threatens to kill off all your family. I looked him smugly in the eye and said, "That won't be a problem. I know karate."

He left me alone after that. I think we all know why.

I'm deadly. You don't wanna mess with me.

No comments: