Sunday, February 08, 2004

Looking For A Girl With Blue Eyes, I think

The light from the television keeps me from sleeping
The glow of your memory keeps me from dreaming

There's dissonance in the scene
Let me sing my song
A tune of our despair
I’m waiting to say a prayer
Pausing on a instant pant
Recalling the night we met

Our eyes transfixed
A sight for sore lies
Our paths were now mixed
A wish to wisely want

But, I can't help thinking
"Why can't we talk more?"

Maybe I'm lonely
Maybe I'm scared
Maybe you're the only one who would ever care

…Time passes
Our paths pass once again

I was there to observe

This time, it was your show--your stage
It’s what caused me to start this new page

From a dark room
The crowded floor was ours
Our eyes allied
Nothing could get in the way
We danced without touching
A moment like this is hard with everyone moshing

…It was our day
Our eyes were there again
And our hearts not far behind

A portion of my youth I will never forget
A piece of my life I will never regret

Will you know this is for you?

You may overlook what I couldn't stop looking at

Perhaps I’ll find those eyes again
That'll surely be how it all begins

No comments: