Friday, February 20, 2004

I'm One Step Closer To The Edge And I'm About To Break

Hey, remember me? I'm the guy who used to blog the most. Well, we have a new contender. I'm glad Chase is sharing his thoughts more frequently here lately. I haven't had a whole bunch to say. But, I now have a story to tell. I mean, I'm sure you are just perplexed at what could be so awful to cause me to quote a Linkin Park song. I will tell you since you asked so nicely.

Last night at work, I was the closest I've ever been to just wanting to punch one of these little kids. I know that sounds horrible, but it is true. However, due to me having the wonderful ability I posses to keep my composure and the memory of my mounting debt, I kept it all together. Let me set the scene up. The most annoying boy who doesn't ever want to bathe is on our unit. Every night, same old thing. Most nights, if we let him sit in the tub for a while, he's fine. If he's not disturbing the rest of the unit, we won't bother him because perhaps he'll do right. He knows how to take a bath, I've seen him do it. But, here recently, he just wants to be loud and scream and not take his bath. He is, what we call, hygineially challenged. Anyway, last night, he was being loud and disruptive to the unit. He took his wet wash cloth and repeatedly hit it on the side of the bathtub. This was making a really loud noise and some of the children were asleep. When I went in there to correct his behavior, he ignored me and kept on banging away. When I explained the consequences for being disruptive to the unit, he went on his way of being horribly loud. In my attempt to silence his ill-timed loudness, I grabbed his wash rag because he wasn't being appropriate with it. Well, I grabbed one end and he has the other, but due to it's wetness, it slipped out of my hand seeing as how he had a good grip on it to begin with. He laughed. But, before I realized it, he muttered something, reached back, and threw it in my face, hard! I stood shocked and silenced. I just had to walk out of the bathroom. First of all, it was insulting. Second of all, wherever he had been sticking that rag was now exposed to my face. I wasn't so worried about the latter, seeing his inability to properly clean himself. He was worried thought, which is great leverage over a child who will ask to have a reward immediately after he misbehaves (I know, sounds horrible). A coworker of mine stepped into the bathroom after she saw what happened. The child wasn't sure of my reaction. He apologized and I talked to him about it later on. But, for a few seconds, I wanted to be immature and throw it back in his face. But, then again, I need my job! Yay, I think I'm gaining patience. This is why you never pray for patience because God will help you out...

No comments: