Monday, February 16, 2004

I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman

I woke up on Sunday morning with a sigh, thinking I had to work. As it was not so, I became utterly relieved. This weekend has been a nice break from stress mostly due to being off from work. I love my job, but I bet I'm getting gray hairs already.

Mike Sutton and I drove down to Panama City on Saturday. While in the mall, Mike noted that we should stop by Hot Topic. As most of friends can assuredly testify, I hate that store. I do not have a celibacic attitude toward not purchasing anything from there as I do, for example, The Gap or Abercrombie, but I do try to avoid it as much as possible. Yet, on this day, I agreed to venture in for a spell. During a momentary lapse in reasoning on my part, I actual saw something that I might purchase. I bet you can guess what this is leading to? Yes, I did buy something, but only because I got the best deal since The Louisiana Purchase. It's a gray shirt that has Gary Coleman on the front and reads, "Bling Bling." The best part is, I found it on the 50% off rack. I paid $2.11 for the shirt. At the least, it's worth the spectacle it might cause. But, just so you and I feel better, go on and call me a sell out.

It seems like I've been letting loose with my monies as of late. However, I am paying all my bills on time and slowly making a dent in the proverbial mountain of debt that I have obtained over the past 4 years. A few weeks back, I bought some books off of CBD's website:

Baptism And The Unity of The Church by Root & Saarinen
Early Christian Doctrines by J.N.D. Kelly
Equal Treatment of Religion In A Pluralistic Society by Monsma
Heretics/Orthodoxy (2 volumes in 1) by G.K. Chesterton
Martin Luther's Ninety-Five Theses edited by Stephen J. Nichols
Rekindling The Word: In search of Gospel... by Carsten Thiede
Religious Advocacy And American History by Kuklick & Hart
The Shorter Catechism: with scripture proofs by Thomas Vincent

I actually bought more books than this, but the others are for a different purpose. I've added 20 or so new and used books to my invetory on amazon.com. So, you should check out my stock if you're in need of a book. Chances are, the book you need, is probably not on there. But, all the proceeds go to my debt, bills, or at least my lunch. Moving on!

If you've looked over this site for twenty seconds or more, you will realize that one of the mediums of art we focus on the most here is music. Well, a new tour just announced is making me very excited. Death Cab For Cutie, Pedro The Lion, and Ben Kweller are touring together and they're coming within 4 hours (or more) of us. Who's up for a road trip? Here are the nearest locations:

Tuesday, April 20- Athens, GA - 40 Watt

Wednesday, April 21 - Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse

Thursday, April 22 - Birmingham, AL - Workplay Theater

Friday, April 23 - New Orleans, LA - Howlin Wolf

In more recent expenditures, I've preordered a few CDs and thought about joining Columbia House. I can talk about those later when I've actually paid for them. I paid my car insurance for 3 months. It was roughly $350.00. I can't wait for 25, so my insurance will go down. I know I've said a lot, but I don't remember if this is all I wanted to say. Oh well, until we die another day, I'll talk to God who has heard what I prayed...

"Some people say I'm a no-'count. Others say I'm no good. But I'm just a natural-born travelin' man. Doin' what I think I should, oh yeah. Doin' what I think I should. And I don't give a damn about a greenback-a dollar. Spend it fast as I can. For a wailin' song and a good guitar. The only things that I understand." The Kingston Trio, Greenback Dollar, from New Frontier

No comments: