Wednesday, April 16, 2003

A Crappy, Yet Funny Post

The internet is without a doubt a plethora of information and resources. Supposedly, if you were to go on it for your entire life, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, you would still not be able to come across everything there is to see. Well, I've been using it for more 'meaningful' reasons lately. I often like to visit search engines and type in different things and see the results. Well, one day, I typed in my name. I found our site and a bunch of other things with my name in it. But, the funniest thing I've found has to be an interview with me. Apparently, I was arrested for protesting some animal rights thing. I seem very passionate about this, as you can tell in this interview on the site:

NC: You were on a hunger strike for about the first 30 days of your sentence. What was that like?

Jeff: Well, hunger striking isn't a joke. It's tough on the body, so one relies on the strength existing within. It was the highest mountain I've ever climbed. It's really tough to describe, but the thing I remember the most is the sheer physical weakness. Actually, the human body seeks the nutrients it would receive in food from sleep. So, I was sleeping an awful lot. Would I ever do it again? Absolutely.


I apparently want absolute freedom for all the enslaved animals of the world:

NC: What are your feelings about the animal liberation movement today, in 1997, and where do you think it is headed?

Jeff: I see, far into the future, the eventual unification of humankind and animal. This will take a lot of time and effort, but we are involved in a movement that, technically speaking, is in its infancy. There was a time when Harriet Tubman was called a fanatic, a radical, a terrorist. We now know that Harriet Tubman was, in actuality, a hero--a hero who was confident enough in her beliefs and in her will to act ethically and know that those actions were the morally right things to do...and to hell with the consequences. She stood in the face of adversity!


Go read more about my daring attempt to help the furry creatures of the world. Read the rest of the interview here.

If that sounds boring, go to Google, type your name in, and see where the internet takes you!

No comments: