Thursday, January 23, 2003

Fo Shizzle My Nizzle

Right now I am very tired. It's been a long day. On Mondays and Wednesdays I have 5 classes, starting at 8:00 AM and ending at 5:30 PM. That makes me a very worn out kid. Interesting musical denotation here: I don't really like System of a Down. They have a unique sound; I'll give them that. But, I think they're as corporate as the day is long. Well, according to my latest copy of SPIN (Feb. 2003), apparently the lead singer for the band, Serj Tankian, doesn't get down to a lot of radio friendly tunes. "When his family moved to Los Angeles in the 1970s, he discovered pop music via the Bee Gees: 'I started with "Saturday Night Fever" and worked backward,' he says." Matter of fact, some of his favorite records are quite great:

The Beatles- Revolver (Capitol, 1966)
Sonic Youth- Evol (SST, 1986)
Bob Marley and The Wailers- Legend (Tuff Gong/Island, 1984)

That's about it. Go steal this post...

No comments: