theram4jc made this template

to whom it may concern

 

About Me

Jeff Watkins
Age: Still alive
Email
Occupation: Too many things
AIM:JeffyJeffW
For sale on Amazon.com
For sale on eBay
Amazon.com Wishlist
My space
My library
My reviews and lists

Previous Posts

Another Word About Nostalgia
One Year Ago
My Heart's Desire I've seen it online before and ...
If You Were Me
Well, Joe...
On Zip Codes and Telescopes
Don't Tell Me What You Care About, For I Know The ...
i'm a moron
Four Tickets To Christmas
Once Comes Down, All Goes 'Round


© To Whom It May Concern 2002-2010, except for cited or source material.

 

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Because I'm Too Lazy or Busy

I leave you with another Christmas thought not my own today. It is a poem that I love and is best enjoyed when done by Pedro The Lion:

Christmas Bells by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet
The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

And thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along
The unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

Till, ringing, singing on its way,
The world revolved from night to day,
A voice, a chime
A chant sublime
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

Then from each black accursed mouth
The cannon thundered in the South,
And with the sound
The carols drowned
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

It was as if an earthquake rent
The hearth-stones of a continent,
And made forlorn
The households born
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

And in despair I bowed my head;
"There is no peace on earth," I said;
"For hate is strong,
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead; nor doth he sleep!
The Wrong shall fail,
The Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men!"

posted by Jeff Watkins at 10:36 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger blaize said...

Joe, you may be the best hippie I know...thanks for being so dang cool.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Jeff Watkins said...

Blaize, except that my name is Jeff!

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you like pedro the lion so your obviously pretty cool.

-Shane or enoughjybbajabba

1:47 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home