Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Once Comes Down, All Goes 'Round

It was three months ago today that Hurricane Katrina swept the Gulf Coast, my life and the lives of many other people. It's hard to believe that so much has changed. Life does feel normal sometimes, but I don't usually like this feeling of normality. I'm enjoying my "venture." Some days, though, I just wish things could be like they were before.

A creepy news side note: An eighteen year old kid in Melbourne, Florida shot his Dad and Step-Mom today at 4:30 AM. The location? The house across the street from mine! I didn't hear the gun shots this morning, but when I left for work, I saw the many hundreds of feet covered by news vans, police, and neighbors. I watched the news tonight and it was very chilly to see my neighborhood. Pray for the family. The guy spared his seven year old sister, who incidentally, was the one who called the police. Craziness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. that's crazy! prayers. (i guess my comments aren't being approved by the blog author. oh, well. i love ya anyway, jeff!)

i can't believe it's been 3 months. wow.

Anonymous said...

that's so sad. wow. and so close to home, that's scary. sounds like stuff that would happen in durham... but it's happening everywhere nowadays. this world is a sad, sad place. i'll be praying.
love, melissa