Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

A present for you: a new template. Aren't you happy? It reflects my constant state of melancholia these past few weeks. Or, it's just a tribute to Let It Be. I'll let you decide. Thanks to Joe for the design and helping me get it on here.

Well, here we are, another year to be thankful. I think today should be a day of remembrance, thankfulness, and gratitude. But, it also should be a day of joy. Be happy, be glad, be... quam pon tae [there is no translation for this word]! Don't just be thankful and remember those who have less than you. Do something for those who have less than you. I need to do this as well.

Anyway, have a pleasant day. My family and I are having turkey, collard greens, dressing, gravy, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie with whip cream--just like the pilgrims had.

6 comments:

Jeff Watkins said...

Just trying to see if it works.

Joe Kennedy said...

yay.

Anonymous said...

I hope decorating the tree proved more fun than a chore. Twinkle lights and garland should never be a chore :)

Oh, and the layout - very quam bom peii, CFJ. I'm a fan.

Anonymous said...

I hope you did have a Happy Thanksgiving, Jeff!

It definitely surprised me a little to see the links and everything on the left side and the black and white design. At least, it's not white letters on a black background...

Change is good...sometimes. Have a great rest of your weekend and a great week, Jeff! :)

Anonymous said...

hey, i posted a comment, and it didn't show up...

Christie said...

I once thought it would be sexy to try and prepare a real, traditional pilgrim thanksgiving meal. But then when I found that things like mashed acorns would be on the menu I opted for something less sexy and more palatable.