Friday, March 26, 2004

One Day I Would Like To Say This To You

Did you catch the show tonight?
No, the one outside
God painted the skyline for you and I

A piece of art just for us

The stars in the sky
The half-eclipsed moon
Lighting the way for the clouds to see
Bringing your heart through the night to me
The brilliant heavens above were clear
Oh, what a sight to view

So much pain was present though
My life seemed so hard
But all the bad went away
When the sky made it's way forward

There's never a time when I don't notice you
I can always pick out what’s been on my mind

It's easy to say
Sincere things I feel
But it's hard to write
That the things I'm scared of are real

I can't help but inquiry in bewilderment...
Did you see the sky tonight?

Will your dreams wander through that very sky?
Or will your thoughts be on some other guy?

Until you find that one special person
To share your dreams with
Whoever you dream of
Will always have dreams of someone else

No comments: