Sunday, March 21, 2004

The Kids Are Alright

My main problem with my job doesn't have anything to do with the actual work I do. I love where I work. Sure, it's scary to see how a few psychotic children and teenagers act sometimes, but for the most part, I'm really lucky. However, nights like tonight, when we are understaffed, it just gets so stressful. One child shows out, they all act-a-fool. You have to deal with it all at once. If we had more staff, then we could sort of, deal with it as it comes. Plus, the one that shows out, we can separate him or her, and get the rest of the kids back on task. I know 7 kids isn't a lot, but a few of them are seemingly psychopathic and most of them act insane anyway, thus they all require very much attention. And you know, I like the kids. Sure, I dislike getting hit, kicked, spit on, cussed at, flipped off, threatened, bitten, disrespected, and my every word ignored, but that's just most young people in general (haha). The real annoyance is dealing with everything when you're shorthanded and we are shorthanded 4 nights out of the week. Nights like tonight cannot happen or I'm going to need a room in a mental facility--or a new job...

No comments: