Saturday, March 13, 2004

"I didn't mean to hurt you, I didn't mean to make you cry."

I would like to make a public apology for the things that I said in my last post. It seems some of my friends didn't take from it the comedic value which I had intended. In fact, they were taken aback, shocked and hurt.

It just so turns out I'm not so funny either. It seems once again the words I have spoken in gest have caused pain instead of laughs. I'm a doodyhead.

Okay. Stop. Please tell me you can read context clues. Please tell me you can take a joke. By joke I don't mean it's necessarily funny. I simply mean humor was the intention. Clearly.

Next time someone says or writes something that you could easily take offense to, assume it was a joke. Don't bring it up and especially don't have an intervention or serious conversation about it. That is unless they come at you with a hacksaw or other rusty blade. Then it may be time to talk. Otherwise, we should all assume that we are all friends.

It's cool man, it's cool. Trust me.

No comments: