Monday, November 17, 2003

A Hard Day's Fight

Last night, Rich, Jessica, and I watched some random parts of the American Music Awards. Some of it was annoying and some of it was funny. At one point, the members of Chevelle made a joke like, "Those of you in the cheap seats up there, clap your hands. And those of you in the expensive seats, rattle your jewelry." I thought that was really funny and I laughed pretty hard. But, it kind of sounded familiar to me, like I had heard it before. Later on that night, I was taking a Beatles quiz online and I realized that it was John Lennon who actually said, "Those of you in the cheaper seats, clap your hands. And the rest of you just rattle your jewelry" at the Royal Command Performance in 1963. The guys in Chevelle didn't quote him quite right, but at least the picked a semi-decent musical figure to quote.

By clicking here you can take the quiz(zes) for yourself.

No comments: