Monday, June 20, 2005

An Ideal Level of Self-Worth

Mistakes can be made
Plans can be changed
But the way you see yourself
Needs to be rearranged

I have my opinions
We study the presuppositions
Care for others doesn't go overlooked
This was not an observation

I say that guy doesn't like the things I do
Does that mean that I don't like you?

No, of course not
Because I'm still sitting here now
And I'm still writing

Please think of something more than yourself to doubt
You and I are simple, but you could have left me out

The way things go these days
I'm so sure of everything before it even happens
Maybe things could be different
I like life to work thriftily for me when God intends

You were more than a choice
Not just another flavor
Perceive yourself as someone who deemed what they wanted
Seeing your face as I do will help me to help you cherish our time with favor

No comments: