Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Not, Neither, or Nor

Greetings from The Big Easy! My first post from my new home (for the next few years anyway). As I was arriving here on late Sunday afternoon I had a feeling of urgency. But, when I actually was driving on these Nawlins' streets, I had a different feeling. Despite all my complaining about my previous pithy town, I missed it quite a bit when I saw the size of this conglomeration of a perish (Louisiana doesn't have counties, it has perishes). But I'm here and off to a great start. I moved into my dorm room with only minimal trouble Sunday night. I participated into new graduate student orientation all day Monday. However, I was informed that I had to move to the upstairs floor of my dorm because I didn't have a roommate and I would be charged double for a private room. (The student the Housing Office put me to room with did not show up.) So, I met Blaize. He's my roommie. He's real cool. We're a lot alike in some aspects, so I think it will work out quite well. Plus, its nice to not be alone (I was wrong Chase ). After my move upstairs, I finally getting settled now. Tuesday I registered for classes and paid my first charges. I'm taking 13 hours. Quite a thrill. I'm totally reliant upon God now because the money I saved is dwindling fast. Another good thing here is they only have a few classes on Mondays, so we usually tend to get them off. I'll be free until I get a job. Today was the first day of classes It went well. Four classes already and only two 10-page papers. Alright, I got a lot of stuff to do still. My room is still in shambles and I need to get organized. Thanks for caring and the emails. Keep 'em coming! Bye. In case you care, here is my schedule:

CERW6270 - Total Wellness and the Minister -W,F- 9:00 am - 9:50 am
CEAM6225 - Strategic Church Develop thru CE -W,F- 11:30 am - 12:20 pm
CEAM6213 - Servant Leadership - Wed, Fri / 1:00 pm - 1:50 pm
CEAM5119 - Directives in Christian Education (CE) -W- 2:30 pm - 3:20 pm
ETHC5300 - Introduction to Christian Ethics -T,Th- 8:30 am - 9:50 am
CEEF6203 - Instructional Theory and Practice -T,Th- 1:00 pm - 1:50 pm
COOP1001 - NOBTS, SBC, and the Cooperative Program (I did this in orientation and it counts for 1 hour credit; it's required for every degree)

No comments: