Tuesday, January 04, 2005

A ghost of a chance: My return to To Whom

1. What did you do in 2004 that you’d never done before?Got engaged
Graduated college
Delivered phone books
Planned a wedding
Worked at Baskin-Robbins
Got on full-time at a job I like ( Books-a-MILLION)
killed some guys
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?Not exactly. I had resolved to quit cussing. I made it through most of the year quite successfully, my usage getting down to a few accidentals as opposed to every other word...however, round about October I got out of control and I quit counting.
I suppose I'll keep working on that this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Relationally or Geographically? I'm sure someone in town recieved a new tax credit but no one I'm related to.
4. Did anyone close to you die?My uncle Steve died after being in a coma for 8 months; this coma was the result of a car accident in February. I think I cried more and more openly at this funeral than any I've ever been to.
5. What countries did you visit?Only on the world wide web.6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?A job with a decent annual salary, a 401k, insurance and retirement.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?January 9th because that is when I got engaged.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Technically, graduating college beats getting engaged because I think we knew we'd get married sometime last year. But then getting a full time job was probably harder for me.
9. What was your biggest failure?Not taking better care of my records and cds or not finishing my favorite songs list. Seriously, though my biggest failure is for sure something spiritual.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?I got the flu and suffered a boss who didn't understand the concept of 'too poor to see a doctor' and was promptly fired.
11. What was the best thing you bought?Records.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?Donna's. Were it not for her, I would not have graduated.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?I plead the fifth on one hand, on the other I'll answer...everyone behind this vast LEFT-Wing conspiracy to undermine the American way.
14. Where did most of your money go?The wedding and records.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?Getting married and of course, records..
16. what song will always remind you of 2004?
The Fleecing by Pedro the Lion
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder?Happier, yeah, but I think I'm chemically depressed.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?Been concerned about God and Donna
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?skipping church
20. How will you be spending did you spend Christmas?
We had a white Christmas with Donna's family in Tennesee. I had four days off of work
20. How will you be spending New Years?Helping Donna move into this apartment and then taking a break around midnight to go to Waffle House.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?Yeah..and the thing I hate most is it's kind of like missing the bottom step on a set of stairs...you trip, you fall over, people laugh, you get a concussion. But I like it anyway so there.
23. How many one-night stands?This survey is filled of awkward questions, but no.
24. What was your favorite TV program?Family Guy
25.Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?I hate you, I guess that's new.
26. What was the best book you read?I thought once I graduated I would read more but I haven't. There you have it, one more failure for the list. I did however, on occassion read the Bible...and on break at work I took to reading many books...one was Nick Hornby's Songbook. Oh I almost forgot...The All Music Guide to Rock....cover to cover...with lots of highlighting.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?I fell in love with The Ramones and Nat King Cole, like never before.
28. What did you want and got?Records and food.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind...and Saved! is a close second.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?Donna took me to lunch at Applebee's. And we went somewhere after that. I was 23 and remain so.
32. What is one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?Having more time to listen to records.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?Proudly, I was without fashion.
34. What kept you sane?Poppies and getting the right amount of seratonin each day..but then that's assuming I was sane, I wasn't all the time that's for sure. Oh yeah and records.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?The president.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?The election
37. Who did you miss?Friends who have moved away. Their absence made me real sad a lot of days.
38. Who was the best new person you met?Ms. Connie
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.It's better to be wrong and have an honest emotional reaction than to fake understanding.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Who shall I blame for this sweet and heavy trouble, for every stupid struggle? I don't know. I could buy you a drink. I could tell you all about it. I could tell you why I doubt it and why I still believe but I can't say it like I sing it and I can't sing it like I think it and I can't think it like I feel it and I don't feel a thing." The Fleecing, Pedro the Lion

No comments: