theram4jc made this template

to whom it may concern

 

About Me

Jeff Watkins
Age: Still alive
Email
Occupation: Too many things
AIM:JeffyJeffW
For sale on Amazon.com
For sale on eBay
Amazon.com Wishlist
My space
My library
My reviews and lists

Previous Posts

As A General Rule It's often said, you live and...
Not, Neither, or Nor Greetings from The Big Eas...
Tomorrow Only Knows In efforts to delay the res...
What Did I Say? I feel blind From time to time...
Momma, I Did The Family Name Well! (Scroll Down.) ...
The Dreaded Etnies Box This is incoherent and u...
I Remember One Thing and Forget Another In prep...
I Don't Care For Cantankerous Humor Chase and D...
We're Here We got to Tenn. last night. It took ...
Staring At The sun Well, I've done a bunch of s...


© To Whom It May Concern 2002-2010, except for cited or source material.

 

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Exempli Gratia

How gay could this possibly make me?

(I'm not, for the record.)

I'm real excited about the new season of American Idol. I missed last week, so I'm going to make sure to watch tonight. My roommate teaches some computer classes, so I have the room to myself until 11PM. I'm going to get some pizza and soda and watch the world try out for embarrassment.

I hated this show for the longest time and I still do to some extent. I really only like the auditions because they are truly the funniest parts. Simon is so pretentious, I just want to gag when I hear him tell someone they have no talent. Why should he begin to assume he knows what talent is? He's a producer, that's it. He knows how to make a record so it will sell. He knows how to make an album (or singer) sound clean and pretty. That's not talent, that's capitalism; it's marketing (i.e. for profit, not art). I guess I'm being too hard on him because music production is a hard trade to learn. I guess I just don't like his ego. But, his wit, cynicism, and impeccable ability to make everyone feel like crap are quite humorous.

"Without virtue there can be no liberty." - Benjamin Rush

Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson.

posted by Jeff Watkins at 4:50 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home