Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Workin' Man's Blues

I went back to that temp place today. I got up at 4:15 AM, drove to the temp place by 5:30 AM, left the temp place by 5:45 AM, made it to Enterprise, Alabama by 6:30 Am, started working around 7:00 AM, and got off work around 2:00 PM. I got paid $45.00 bucks for my daily wage (including $9 for gas money). I got paid for 8 hours too, which was really cool considering I worked for 7 hours. Of course, I had to move 3000, 50 pound bags of grass seed with 9 other guys. We moved it out of a boxcar and onto palates. On top of that, I had to listen to a lot of the ignorant crap they were saying. I stated my opinion a few times, but I mostly kept my mouth shut and tried to get the job done. We had some slackers, so that was frustrating too. Moral of the story: I need a new job. But, hey, money is money. I need a shower!

No comments: