Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Ain't Nothin' But A 'G' Thing Baby

And 'G' stands for groveling. That's where I'm at in life. I'm begging for work wherever I go. I know God has got something for me. I just have no clue what it is or where it's at. In my most recent move toward employment, I got several things accomplished yesterday. I went by Kelly Services and filled out a butt load of paperwork. They find you temporary worker jobs and sometimes they can get you directly hired to a company. I also went another temp place and it's not as nice as Kelly. This other place (I don't want to talk crap about them because I need money) I went to is a little bit above the slave trade. Basically, you go work for them and get paid for that day. People call this service, say they need work done, and the service sends people out to the job sites. This seems like a good idea. Of course they only pay $5.15 an hour. They also take out taxes (which sucks if you live in Florida because it's in Alabama and they have a lot). And you can not take a job with a customer of theirs until you put in at least 6 weeks or 300 hours (something ridiculous like that) for their company first. And on top of that, you have to be there at 5:30 AM, which I was this morning. I got up at 4:15 AM and drove the 45 minute ride. However, if there isn't enough work to go around, there is a chance that you don't get to work that day, like me this morning. I sat there from 5:30 AM to about 8:00 AM and I didn’t get paid a dime. However, I have been at my aunt’s house for many hours, yesterday and today. I got fed well. So, what’s the moral of the story? I don't know. It's an experience I needed to do and I'm going to do it tomorrow because the lady said there will be work. Plus, thirty bucks is thirty bucks. I was mooching off of Donna's internet for the past while. She finally canceled it, so I'm back to resorting to borrowing the computer lab's internet. These conventional methods are maddening...

"When I grow up to be a man, will I dig the same things that turned me on as a kid? Will I look back and say that I wish I hadn't done what I did? Will I joke around and still be able to take both sides? When I grow up to be a man will I look for the same things in a woman that I dig in a girl? Will I settle down fast or will I first wanna travel the world? Now I'm young and free... But how will it be when I grow up to be a man?" The Beach Boys, When I Grow Up (To Be a Man), from The Beach Boys Today!

No comments: