Wednesday, July 02, 2003

The Bottom Head On A Very Large Totem Pole

Greetings! You know, for as much as I am not doing, I should really be writing more. And, I am actually. As far as poetry and songs go anyway. I’m doing a bit of reading too. I’m going to have a list of books to post by the end of the summer as my own recommendations for folks to read, so if you can hold your breath, please don’t, because it won’t be impressive at all.

Today has been another one of those fulfilled-adventure-without-employment days. As exciting as they sound, I’m really dragging the lake so to speak. And if possible, as unpromising as that would appear, I did have an actual interview at that place Sunland. Remember, I talked about it on or around the first of June. It took them ‘til two Thursdays ago to send a letter in the mail. It was actually pretty scary considering this is the first fulltime job where I wasn’t working for the same company that my Mom was. It would be a real fulltime job, which at this point, seems like catching a shooting star or love at first sight. Yes, that is how poor I am. I think I did good, I had to answer a bunch of "What would you do" and "What does this mean to you" type of questions. The interviewers were, what will be (if I get the job) my main supervisor, my shift supervisor, and another lady, whom I cannot remember what her job is. Overall, they were very cold and rather impersonal, which wrought fear at first. However, knowing that it is a state job, I know they do tons of interviews, and they cannot be biased either way—good or bad. So, now I wait. I will definitely let everyone know what comes about.

Also, I know I said the links would be back up and I thought they would. However, they are not. Therefore, I am taking matters into my own hands. If you would like to be added to the site again, please email me (incase I cannot find the old ones) at: rebelyouth4life [at] yahoo.com and give me the link. That’s it for me. I will return with another quick quandary quip tomorrow.

"Well, you wonder why I always dress in black. Why you never see bright colors on my back. And why does my appearance seem to have a somber tone. Well, there's a reason for the things that I have on. I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down, livin' in the hopeless, hungry side of town. I wear it for the prisoner who has long paid for his crime, but is there because he's a victim of the times. I wear the black for those who never read, or listened to the words that Jesus said." Man In Black by Johnny Cash, from the album A Man In Black.

No comments: