Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Life Is Really Hard At Times

After talking to a friend from high school, I found out tonight a guy I went to school with for a few years, Chris Geotch, died of an overdose on the fifth of July.

Now, I vaguely remember this kid and I don’t know if I ever had a conversation with him, but I know I feel bad about his sudden passing. I had to look his picture up in our eight-grade yearbook to even remember his face. I don’t care how he died, all I know is he died too young.

I don’t think he was a Christian, so if you can remember his family in your prayers; I believe they are Christians. I think it’s times like this that God kicks me in the head and says, "You’ve got something to do. Quit being lazy and do it." This makes my call to youth ministry feel more important and makes me regret the time I’ve wasted. I hope this post will help anyone else who feels like they have a call from God, to use whatever resources they can to do something and touch someone’s life. These are the only words I can think of:

Another night slips away.
In other words I should say there are no words he should say.
There are no words.

In his eyes I see the fear that only time can disappear.
If only time could reappear.
Now is the time.

Something to take it away.
To take it away.
To take it.

Don't let it stay.
Don't let it stay.
Don't let it.

The butterflies are passive/aggressive
and put their problems on the shelf but, they're beautiful.
And he'll realize the only thing that's real
are the kids that kid themselves.
And the demise of the beautiful.
What is beautiful?

In Other Words by Ben Kweller

No comments: