Saturday, July 05, 2003

An Article

I took the night off from my usual activities (not really, this is my usual activites) and just sat at home and played on the computer. I came across an article by Dr. William Estep on Southern Baptist Heritage and the whole Calvinism debacle. Some pretty good information, mostly just historical things I did not know. Of course, I do not agree with everything he says regarding those who adhere those doctrines, but it is an interesting read nonetheless:

"This newfound fascination with Calvin and the system of theology that bears his name is both intriguing and puzzling, since most of the ardent advocates of this movement have only a slight knowledge of Calvin or his system as set forth in the Institutes of the Christian Religion. They simply borrow that which they assume to be both biblical and baptistic without adequate research."

Good news, if anyone who reads this and knows of a guy named Johnny Peace, question no more. He is very alive and back in town. I saw him with my own eyes. Good night Graceville!

No comments: