Thursday, July 03, 2003

Chatting It Up

Have you ever broken any bones?
No, do muscles count?
Broken hearts are countless.
Many more for people who are sincere

Long runs, long sighs, and even greater expectations

Left alone for you to see
Left alone to just, be
Why don’t you want to know me?

Walk by, rapidly to flee away
I’m used to girls leaving in time
To escape me before falling

We ask questions like, “What is love?”
Then surprised when the response has nothing to do with God

Desolate creatures mistaken for popular people
Healing—the renovation of mistaken feelings

Don’t you wish you could get back the talks?

Fake and plastic; a critique of your idols

The things you stand for
Why is what I like such a bore?

Another day drifts by
I have to struggle to not want to get high

Above all else, failure draws near
What is it that you fear?
Living meek; no expenses, clothes, or cars

Anything to hold back

Whatever you wish to hide

Drunken states, I don’t know how to hold on
Escapades that reveal the true meaning
Confusing me solely, please just let me go

What is the one thing you cannot live without?

Hope

No comments: