Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Still Waiting

It’s officially two weeks since my interview, so now I wait past the date to hear if I got the Job at Sunland or not. I’m scared every time I go to my mailbox. However in good news, despite not having a job for sometime now, I will be able to pay my power bill this month. The Lord blesses, doesn’t he? And while that may sound like it has a sardonic overtone, I really am thankful for what I have. God is teaching me patience and I don’t like it, but I’m learning to live with coming to the knowledge that I really don’t know anything. Fellow writer Chase Livingston, Donna, and I are going to the mall and to eat somewhere later. That should cheer me up. By the way, there are two amazing shows going on tonight about 250 miles apart from each other. A favorite of mine, Dogwood is playing @ Room Ten 26 in Pensacola, FL and a new favorite, Copeland is playing @ The Beta Bar in Tallahassee, FL. If you are in close proximity of either of these shows, please make an effort to support these bands because they are doing it for the love of the game, not the money or the scene. I would go, but Pcola is two hours away and Tally is an hour and thirty minutes away, plus both are seven dollars I believe. I can't pay that electric bill if I go. Look Ma, I’m being responsible. I go now. With love and hatred…

Pink Floyd
Wish You Were Here, from the album, Wish You Were Here:

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have you found? The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

No comments: