Monday, June 30, 2003

It would be nice to blackout

I would like nothing more than to be able to go to sleep right this second. But, I will have to wait awhile. I have spent most of yesterday and today moving into my new apartment and out of my old one. I'm supposed to be out by...today. Donna has been the most help. Today my parents came down with the truck. In preparation I got all the furniture moved outside.

Something about that house makes me breakout all over. On top of that, it was way too hot. I've never sweat so much in my entire life. Then it rained. Nothing was damaged. However, it was disappointing. I'd rather be sweaty than soggy. The goal, of course, was to recieve the $75 deposit back in full. We rushed to get everthing spic-n-span before 5 o'clock. At 1:30 my parents arrived. I had wanted them to wait until 2, but parents never listen. Besides, since it was raining, their early arrival worked out nicely.

We hauled two truckloads of furniture over to Donna's new apartment. Then we hauled a truckload over to my new place of residence, Graceland Manor #704. It was good to see my folks. I told my dad that speed bumps and mud are two things that just suck. I suggested the world would be a better place if we could do away with them. By 3:00 they were on the way home with only a mini-fridge, a chair and an area rug.

The job still wasn't finished but we were. Well, it felt that way. With only hope to hold us, we drove up to the housing authority with one wish in mind. I asked if it would be alright if I turned the key in tomorrow. They okayed that. Donna and I made a motion to take a nice long break, to get a late lunch and a change of clothes. Meanwhile, we fell to sleep watching a movie.

I felt even sicker when I woke up. I wouldn't be surprised if it were pneumonia. I'm supposed to be writing a letter of recommendation for a friend. I was stuck on the fourth sentence for the longest time. I want nothing more than to go to sleep. I regret that I have spent little to no time in prayer and bible study this week. I also regret that I'm behind in my summer class. It's over Thursday. No more classes til August. But all I can think about is how miserable I feel...nevermind everthing I have to do.

No comments: