Tuesday, June 24, 2003

The Pen is Mightier than The Sword
I feel like writing. A voice in my head told me I should. Was it God? The Devil? Jeff? Justin? I don't know. Acting on what this voice tells me is probably not advisable. I should probably do a background check and pray for discernment, but I'm lazy and a tad bit spiritually unhealthy.

Besides, what harm has writing ever caused? "Oh, but what about Mein Kampf or the Communist Manifesto or 'professional wrestling'?", you ask. Well, contrary to what the public educational system would have you believe, every word from every one of these and others like them were first spoken into a microcassette recorder, only later being transcribed to print. A minor detail? I think not.

Second only to the heart, the voice is most decietful. Spoken word poetry has grown a lot in popularity, but that doesn't make it right. The human voice carries with it all the evils of the world. Just hearing it is sin.

Anyway, back to my point. Direct brain-to-print writing has never really hurt anyone. So, onward I write. It's okay to act on this impulse. It don't matter if its mindless garble or conviction of the greatest depth, its healthy just to tap those keys. It even helps others...and the more dribble the better.

Maybe I should re-think this post, maybe not. Either way, who cares, just reading words becoming sentences in their magical way, will sweep anyone right up into the arms of inspiration.

No comments: