Thursday, June 19, 2003

The List

Two songs have been in my head consistently for the past month:

"Theme from the Dukes of Hazzard (Good ol' Boys)" by Waylon Jennings
"The Man in Me" by Bob Dylan off the album, New Morning

These are both sure fire placements in my not-yet created top 100 list.

The first is a fun filled tune that seems to me to be about depravity.


Just two good old boys, never meaning no harm
Beats all you never saw, been in trouble with the law
Since the day they was born

Straightening the curves, flattening the hills
Well someday the mountain might get 'em but the law never will

Making their way, the only way they know how
That's just a little bit more than the law will allow

Just two good ol' boys, wouldn't change if they could
They're fighting the system like two modern-day Robin Hoods


The second, I first heard on "The Big Lebowski". From there I downloaded it, still somehow unaware that it was Dylan. Now I've learned and well, I believe it is my favorite tune of his.

Of course, I said that before of "Most of the Time" off of Oh Mercy!, which I first discovered from "High Fidelity". Eh, Who knows? The trials I go through to create these lists.

So I'm not sure if I'll get New Morning or the double LP Blonde on Blonde as my next Dylan pick, but I'll be getting another soon.

Also, I'm going to start trying to get into Waylon a bit more. Everyone loves the outlaw.

For a good time download these fun family favorites.

I'm going with Jeffrey G. to Dothan now. Peace out.

No comments: