Friday, November 15, 2002

On Laundry Day: Closet Doors and Closet Feelings

Why do I always catch the shooting star as it burns out?
Moments like these insinuate so much more for me.

So you say I read into things.
It’s the only choice I have to make.



I’ll let my yay be Yay and no be No.
But, why can’t I ever make sense of the things you say?

You make the music that is within my heart.
You put the notes in my heard.
You are the song that lingers on my lips.

Sweet tastes of the springtime air have ended.
Swiftly met by the blistering summer heat.
Scorching and scourging the back of my neck.

It’s now complete…

The summer is over, but fall is far away.
We’ll keep writing and calling; it’s all so passé.

Eventually the phone will stop ringing.
This little thing called friendship has been severed.

Sooner or later, the ink in the pens will dry.
Yes, even the mailman will stop coming by.

Why do I always catch the girl as she is leaving?
Maybe it was me who didn’t show up on time?

I just keep asking myself the same questions as yesterday.
All I get are incomplete answers.
Perhaps I’ve been talking to the wrong people.

With all that stuff said.
It’s now all been done.

These feelings used to pile up and give me worry.
At least, I have enough hangers for all my shirts.

I’ll just pull a shirt down from the rack.
Replacing that space with my feelings instead.

No comments: