Monday, November 25, 2002

Monday Monday

Really, really... I haven't done a whole lot today. I went to bed at 3:00 AM last night and got up at 6:00 AM. Crystal Kepler and I were caravanning to Jacksonville, Florida. Then I would get off and try to find Bethany's house. We pulled out of the Graceville Manor, where Crystal Kepler's apartment is at 7:00 AM. We only stopped one time for some breakfast because we were both falling asleep in our separate cars. We waved our goodbyes and I proceeded to find my way. Well, I don't feel like explaining my day's driving experience. Let's just say, I got home and it was 9:30 PM. I saw my friend Nate Beagle from high school. He's employed at the local Blockbuster Video. It sort of felt good to say that I was graduating in May and he was still working on his AA. But, not to imply that I'm harboring bitter feelings, it was good to talk to him and catch up. I spent about five hours in Jacksonville today. I got to meet most of Bethany's family, except for her Dad. I would have liked to meet Dr. Dunlap, but I'm not too disappointed. Meeting Fathers isn't a big objective on my life goals list. Meet The Parents is one of my favorite movies for a reason. I got to see former students, and friends Anna (Bethany's sister) and James Desuyo. When Bethany and I were visiting Anna's first grade class (I think), they told me about a little black girl who had a cool name. They told me her name, I kind of believed them, but I wanted to see proof for myself. So, I got a piece of paper and asked her if she would write out her full name for me. She did. Her name is: EBONY ANN IVORY. I think that's worth at least 25 comments. I'm off to catch up on a semester's worth of sleep.

"Well, it's cold and there are warmer places than here."

No comments: